RYA Yacht Master Theory
11th October 2017
19.00 - 21.00 - Full
£270 members £300 non-members
This 22 evening course which starts in October and is intended for those with some practical experience of cruising. It is a more advanced study of navigation & meteorology which is designed to be interesting, enjoyable and achievable.
Your instructor will coach you through the more complex elements of calculating tidal heights, making offshore passages, piloting a yacht safely and understanding and using the weather to best advantage.
Course topics include:
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding equipment
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
It allows some time for revision of the basics and then moves on to advanced navigation techniques.
If you would like more information please fill in the form below: